The On Cloud Nine® Math Program, from Lindamood-Bell, develops the ability to image and verbalize the concepts and processes of math. Concept imagery and numeral imagery are integrated with language to improve both mathematical reasoning and mathematical computation. On Cloud Nine® instruction is effective for elementary math instruction and as an intervention for students of any age or grade level who are experiencing difficulty in math or not performing to their potential.
The underlying skills that On Cloud Nine® builds are the foundational skills needed to be successful in higher math.
On Cloud Nine® Math develops a student’s ability to:
- ✔ Image numerals, numerical concepts, and the number line.
- ✔ Count by ones, twos, fives, and tens, and establish imagery for the base-ten math concept.
- ✔ Add and subtract with carrying and borrowing.
- ✔ Multiply and divide — and comprehend those functions.
- ✔ Solve word problems.
- ✔ Comprehend decimals and fractions.
“Math is thinking with numbers, imagery, and language; reading is thinking with letters, imagery, and language. Both processes require the integration of language and imagery to assist in the foundational and application processes.” – Nanci Bell and Kimberly Tuley, developers.